Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blades of Glory

Directors: Will Speck & Josh Gordon
Starring: Will Ferrell and that guy from Napoleon Dynamite


Emily:
Just when you thought you’d seen it all, Will Ferrell shows you a little bit more. Perhaps a little bit too much more…… PUT YOUR SHIRT BACK ON!


ahem

Two of the country’s top male skaters tie for first place. While sharing the podium a verbal disagreement becomes physical, and the two are forced too leave the world of figure skating “forever”! (Dun dun dun!) But, there’s a loophole, they can compete in pairs….. hmm.. but who would pair up with two of the sports most notoriously scandalous celebrities? Oh, oh, here’s a twist… wait for it… they have to work to together! Aw, that’s real original. Two rivals, now partners. I’m gonna love this one!

Seriously now, it wasn’t that horrible. I kept my dinner down. I laughed a few times (mostly at that guy from Napoleon Dynamite, with his blond locks and his perky fashion sense…) Another notable performance was found in that girl from The Office. She plays the dowdy third child of a brother-sister skating pair (who have a questionable passion for one another). She is set to spy on the world’s first male-male pairs skaters, and (oh, here’s another twist… wait… wait…) FALLS IN LOVE WITH THE CUTE ONE!! Aw…. So unexpected. Give me a moment, I’m reliving that wonderful moment when they first kiss after she tells him that her brother and sister treat her like a slave and blame her for their parents’ deaths. Classic.

Ok, I’m being a little mean. But it’s a lot more fun than saying. “Yup, this movie was ok, but it didn’t really rock my world. I guess it was kinda funny..”

This is Meany McMeanerson, signing out.


Cale:
I guess the members of this movie were expecting me to be much more eneasu with the sight of two men figure skating together, buit it didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. Sure it was funny at first, but I got over it. Maybe if it was a skit on SNL I might have squirt a Hershey.
I put it somehere between Anchorman and Taladega Nights. Will Farrell was slightle more tolerable than he was in Anchorman, and not nearly as “I’m burning! Oh, baby Jesus!” funny as in Taladega Nights. Maybe I’m just not a huge Farrell fan.
But holy handbags is the receptionist from the office suddenly smoking sexy or what? Will Farrell’s real life love interest, the director if “Slither”, his wife. Yeah. Hot. Bam!

EDITORIAL NOTE!
Ok people, are you too lazy to find out the names of the actors in this movie?
Let it be known that the guy from Napoleon Dynamite is named Jon Heder and that girl from The Office is named Jenna Fischer
Seriously, do your research!

No comments: